There’s such magic in the fleeting newborn stage. Even after the first couple of months, babies evolve from sweet sleepy squishes to engaged and interactive teeny tiny people who smile, giggle and interact. Capturing these early moments for mamas in the Dallas Fort Worth area who are welcoming little ones while they are so fresh and new is such a privilege and a joy.
Here are just a few of the highlights for me from my Dallas Newborn Sessions that I believe set Rachel Friedman Photography apart as one of the best Dallas Fort Worth newborn photographers.
1) That flakey skin on their hands and feet that comes from spending months kicking around in utero. There are many photographers who err on the side of editing this out (and don’t get me wrong, I am a meticulous editor when it comes to newborn photography - bye bye newborn acne), but I believe that these little flakes, along with the little white dots you’ll often see across baby’s nose, are such a sweet reminder of the miraculous way these tiny humans developed on their way into the world.
2) Simple and pure natural poses that highlight baby’s natural beauty and features. I am not a photographer that is going to pose your little one in a bucket of peaches or sitting at a miniature desk or in any wild and crazy props. I don’t even use bright colors that can detract from the attention that I believe should be lavished upon your baby. The canvas is simple so baby can shine, and the poses you’ll see me photograph are baby-led and natural.
3) Those sweet moments of baby snuggled up on their parents chest. Every parent who looks back at the newborn stage marvels at how tiny their new baby was, all curled up and cozy resting on their chest. Snuggles will continue for years, but they’ll only fit on your chest for a handful of months.
4) Baby. Toes. Capturing the tiny toes who have been tapping you from the inside is one of my greatest privileges. Enough said.
5) Curious big siblings taking in their competition for mom and dad’s attention. While I love a first family portrait with everyone looking, I think the most endearing moments are when big brother is poking at their new baby’s toes or big sister is tentatively giving her baby a little hug.
All of these moments and more will be captured at your newborn photography session with me, whether you opt to come to my studio in Plano or you opt to schedule a lifestyle session in the comfort of your home in the Dallas Forth Worth Metroplex. If you’d like more information about scheduling a newborn session with Rachel Friedman Photography, please click the button below for more information!
Rachel is a premier newborn photographer who photographs families at every stage, from maternity to newborn and family sessions. She is based in Plano but travels throughout the Dallas Forth Worth Metroplex to photograph families in home and on location, in Dallas, Allen, McKinney, Richardson, Addison, Frisco, Far North Dallas, Highland Park, University Park, Carrollton, The Colony and beyond.