I offer newborn sessions both in my Glenview studio in the near northern suburbs of Chicago as well as in the comfort of your home. I often have moms reach out about newborn sessions and ask “which one is better?” And I will honestly confess, I truly love both. And oddly enough, I book about 50/50 between studio and in-home sessions, so I can’t even say that one is more popular than the other. So today, I thought I would share a handful of reasons why moms LOVE studio sessions. And then soon, I’ll share another post singing the praises for in-home sessions. And then YOU can decide which one is the right fit for you!
1) You love the minimalist look of my simple and pure studio portraits. I believe that neutral tones really allow baby and his/her sweet details to shine without the distractions of bright colors and busy home decor.
2) If you want to see all of those sweet details of your baby in her birthday suit, a session in my Chicago suburban studio is the right fit for you. Posed images require a controlled environment, with white noise, heat and all of the wraps, posing tools, blankets and light necessary to achieve that posed look, so a studio session is key to achieve this look.
3) You can get your hair and make-up done (or do your own) right at the studio while I start with baby’s portraits. Which means you don’t need to get ready in advance while baby is safe being photographed with me.
4) You don’t have to clean your house. Everyone knows that bringing a seven pound baby home also means about a million pounds of baby gear ;) But seriously, with less sleep and time for caring for anything but you and your baby, plus a giant upswing of STUFF, sometimes it’s easier to escape the house to the serene studio that’s all set-up and ready for you.
5) For those with big siblings at home, there is a strong argument for both studio and in-home sessions. A great perk of studio sessions is that your big sibling comes to the session at the very end, when we are already finished with the baby-only portion of the session, and then they have a shorter window where they need to be involved/engaged and we focus ALL. ON. THEM. They get to snuggle with mom and dad, interact with baby, even jump on my studio bed. They don’t need to wait around for the baby portion of the session and can just come for their adorable cameo. If we need time at the end for portraits of baby with dad, your big kids are welcome to play in my on-site play area while we wrap up.
If you are considering booking a newborn custom portrait session with one of the best Chicago newborn photographers on the north side of the city or in the northern suburbs, please take a moment to drop me a note by clicking the link below - I’d love to work with you.
Rachel is a premier Chicago north suburban newborn and family photographer serving families in Chicago and throughout the North Shore suburbs, including but not limited to Evanston, Skokie, Wilmette, Glenview, Morton Grove, Prospect Heights, Winnetka, Northbrook, Kenilworth, Wheeling, Highland Park, Deerfield, Glencoe and beyond.